1. After the Victoria’s Secret’s fashion show casting director said she “would never use” Kate Upton in the show, here she is on the back cover of a new Victoria’s Secret catalog.
That casting director, Sophia Neophitou, called Upton’s look “too obvious,” whatever that means. Well, maybe her recent Vogue cover has caused the VS casting lords to rethink their model lineup because here’s Upton in all her obviousness not just in the catalog but on the back cover no less. Who’s Captain Obvious now, eh, VS?
2. Despite that slam, Upton has previously appeared in the catalog. Here she is modeling PJs in 2011.
Casting for the catalog and fashion show are seen as two very different things to the fashion community. There’s a lot of cross-over but it’s not a fully symbiotic relationship.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀