1. Here’s Adriana Lima posing pregnant (and clothed!) in the new Pirelli calendar.
This is notable for two reasons:
1. The Pirelli calendar — given each year to VIP clients of the Pirelli tire company and celebrities, because celebrities get everything — is known for photographs of naked supermodels. The photographer of the 2013 calendar, which was just unveiled in Rio de Janiero, is Steve McMurry, who elected not to photograph the models naked, as Mario Sorrenti, Karl Lagerfeld, and Terry Richardson all have in keeping with grand tradition before him. “I would say I am a street photographer doing ‘found situations,’” McMurry said. “You can photograph nudes anywhere. But these models are clothed, and each of them has her own charity. They are purposeful and idealistic people. So I wanted to photograph them in a special place, and Rio was perfect for this.”
2. Pregnant fashion models and famous women always end up posing naked. See: Jessica Simpson covering Elle, Mariah Carey covering Life & Style, Cindy Crawford famously covering W, Britney Spears pregnant and nude on Harper’s Bazaar, Miranda Kerr pregnant and naked in W — and I could go on! I don’t know why they always end up naked in shoots — if stylists can’t find designer clothes for pregnant women, if editors just know that people click on “naked” and “nude” and are just giving you what you want — but this portrait of Adriana really is wonderfully restrained. Clothes! For a pregnant lady! It’s a novel idea — maybe one day models will have cellulite too. Ha ha!
3. You might remember Adriana more recently (post-baby) on the Victoria’s Secret runway.
Here she is on Nov. 7, wearing the exact opposite of what she wore for Pirelli.
4. Model Isabeli Fontana also posed for the new calendar.
She’s Brazilian and always appears in the calendar so she was probably a shoo-in this time too.
5. But the 2013 Pirelli is not just meant to showcase genetic lottery types — it also includes portraits of singers and photos of daily life in Brazil.
8. Two photos have no people at all, but just murals and graffiti.
So that’s an overview of the 2013 calendar. If you want naked people, you’ll have no trouble finding them by Googling past calendars.
10. FYI, this is a Pirelli tire.
It goes with the calendar perfectly, right?
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.