3 packages unflavored gelatin
½ cup cold water
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
¼ tsp kosher salt
½ cup water
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Food coloring, 3 colors
1. Add gelatin and ½ cup cold water to a large mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
2. In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar, corn syrup, salt, and ½ cup water. Using a candy thermometer, gently cook the mixture until it reaches 240°F (soft ball stage). Remove from heat.
3. Using a hand mixer, pour the sugar mixture over the gelatin and blend on low speed.
4. Turn mixer up to high speed and mix until it turns white and gets very thick. This may take up to 10 minutes. Add the vanilla just before it’s at the right consistency.
5. Working very quickly, divide the marshmallow mix into three mixing bowls and add the desired food colors. Stir to thoroughly combine.
6. Have an 8x8 glass bake dish ready, dusted with powdered sugar.
7. Add the three colors by the spoonful. Use a butter knife or wooden skewer to create the tie-dye effect.
8. Dust the top with more powdered sugar. Leave uncovered overnight to dry and set up.
9. Turn the marshmallow out on a cutting board and cut into pieces.
10. Layer with white chocolate on graham crackers to make s’mores.