1. Look to book tickets for a cruise closer to the departure date.
2. Opt to cruise closer to home.
3. Schedule your cruise during winter.
4. Avoid the extras.
5. Skip cruise excursions and activites.
6. Don't spend a lot at the casino.
7. Bring your own wine.
For many people, a cruise is one of the more affordable vacation options available. Since almost everything is included in the package, you won't need to keep tabs on your credit card throughout the trip. That said, there are many ways you can save even more during your trip.