1. Bio-Oil, a cult-favorite product that reviewers swear by. It has over 68,000 5-star ratings from people who use it to help fade scars, soothe dryness, and moisturize without clogging pores. And yes, you can use it literally anywhere on your body!
Promising review: "This product is my lifeline. I’ve used Bio-Oil since I was young; it has never failed me. The whole family uses this one, and it works on all our different skin. It absorbs into the skin so well. ... This product is definitely moisturizing, and it doesn’t have an awful scent like most creams for stretch marks and scars do." —Sasha Caba
Get it from Amazon for $10.22 (available in three sizes).
2. A bottle of One Hit Wonder 10-in-1 Leave-in Spray because it's everything you'd want in a hairspray and more! It controls frizz, detangles, conditions, prevents breakage, strengthens — honestly, the list goes on and on. No more rummaging around for multiple products.
Reviewers with wavy, curly, and straight hair, super fine hair, even chemically treated hair, say that this leave-in spray works wonders for their hair type!
Mane Club is a New York-based small biz that's been creating affordable vegan, cruelty-free hair-care products since 2019.
Promising reviews: "Never fails. My hair goes through a lot. This spray is a godsend." —Cassandra S., Mane Club Customer
"In love with this product!!! Happened upon it randomly while looking for something to help my frizz when straightening. I have a natural 2c to 3a curl with thick hair, and this stuff ended up working amazingly. My hair has gone a week unwashed and is still beautiful, soft, and smooth, and straightening it was a breeze! I’ve never had my hair so soft and silky! I strongly recommend giving it a try!" —Viola H., Mane Club Customer
"No more tangles!!! For my hair being straight, it gets extremely tangled (idk why), but this product is a miracle worker. My life has been changed now, a miracle worker in the cutest bottle, too!! Not exaggerating! Kid approved as well!! Now, go double your order and add to your cart! Thank me later." —MACVAS, Mane Club Customer
3. A bottle of Folex spot remover to make even the toughest of stains disappear from furniture, carpets, and other fabric surfaces. (And yes, that includes red wine stains, don't worry.)
Promising reviews: "This stuff is amazing. I was first introduced to Folex when I was staying at my sister’s house. She’s an interior decorator and I made the huge mistake of spilling iced tea on her off-white carpet. Just imagine her reaction. After screaming at me, she ran to get her bottle of Folex from her cleaning supplies. She blotted the stain with Folex and in front of my eyes, the iced tea stain completely disappeared from the off-white carpeting. If I didn’t see it with it my own eyes I wouldn’t have believed it. Needless to say, I keep it in my house and it’s never failed me, not even when my cat has an accident. Bravo, Folex. I’m a customer for life." —Donna R
"I found this product one day at Home Depot and I have four German Shepard dogs and carpet.... I figured why not let's give it a try. I have been buying this stuff since... You can use this on your carpets, couches, beds, even in your car and it never fails!" —Brandi Salmon
Get it from Amazon for $6.65+ (available in two sizes and multiple packs).
4. A jar of the bestselling Pink Stuff for those hard-to-get stains, dirt, and rust spots around the house. It works for everything from bathtubs and stove tops to tennis shoes and crayon-covered walls.
Promising reviews: "Works every time. I have used this for years and it never fails to get those stubborn stains off pretty much anything." —a r james
"A little goes a long way! This has been used to clean paint and markers and crayon markings off of our vinyl siding. I have also used it to clean stains off our tub and formica countertops. No strong odors and it takes very little to clean areas that other products have failed to clean." —Savanna B
Get it from Amazon for $9.40.
5. A pet hair remover to make sure your pet's shedding does minimal damage to your sinuses and your furniture. It's like a lint roller without the annoying sticky pads that you have to constantly replace. All you have to do is empty the roller when it's full, and it's as good as new.
Promising review: "I have allergic reactions to dog hair and dander so imagine my surprise when we learned our new quarantine pup wasn’t hypoallergenic as we had thought. Cue a mad dash to buy every product under the sun to keep my allergies in check because from the moment she came home we were in love...Then enter the Chom Chom roller, the roller to end the need for any other roller. Gone are the days of stripping and sticking with a disposable lint roller. Gone are the days of dragging that red lint brush paddle over the furniture. And definitely gone are the days hauling out the vacuum just to zip away the excess dog fur on the couch. If you use it right— and I mean vigorously roll back and forth, up and down, to and from like your life depended on it— the Chom never fails...Truthfully, it picks up more than enough for me to be satisfied." —L. White
Get it from Amazon for $28.95.
6. A set of bed bands that'll keep your fitted sheets secure and in place so you aren't constantly tucking them back in over and over (and over) again.
Promising reviews: "These things work. We have an adjustable mattress that has been a nightmare to keep the sheets tucked in. The nightmare is no more. This product worked the first time and has never failed to do its job. If you need the bottom sheets to stay in place, look no further. These are your answer." —jacksan1
"I'm a super [active] sleeper. I mean, like, in my sleep I'm pulling up the sheets with my hands, rolling around, throwing pillows off the bed kind of sleeper. While these bed bands didn't solve the problem of chucking my pillows across the room, they absolutely completely solved the sheets problem, which was THE most infuriating thing considering that my bed is in the corner of the room, and the sheets are extremely difficult for me to put on as it is. These bands are made of a strong elastic band paired with metal clasps to attach to the sheets. ... I had them all attached and working within five minutes of opening the package. It has been some time now since I have purchased these bands, and they have never once failed me. They've never failed to keep my sheets down nor have they snapped out of place or broken at any point. They simply work, as the packaging states. I love these. If you are a heavy sleeper or just have a problem with your sheets coming up at night, these are THE solution!" —Eli
Get a set of four from Amazon for $13.99.
7. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant because it's top-rated for providing awesome results in smoothing and clearing skin. It's got over 36,000 5-star reviews and (thankfully) comes in a 1-ounce mini version too!
Promising review: "Did not fail me! ... This actually helped my white or blackheads to be controlled. Also, I don't like exfoliating scrubs or creams, so I go with this exfoliating chemical which I use twice a week, and yes, it works wonders. I also see that my skin does not flake or have remaining dead skin cells." —ELLAINE GABOTERO
Get it from Amazon for $13+ (available in two sizes).
8. Laneige's Lip Sleeping Mask — a number one bestseller for very good, well-earned reasons! After a night with this on, you'll wake up to moisturized, hydrated lips that are softer than ever.
BTW, some people use it as a daily lip balm or lip protectant over their lipstick, too!
Laneige is an Asian-owned brand that has been in the beauty game for years (seriously, since the '90s!). The luxury brand prides itself on being affordable, too, and has many fan-favorite products because of it.
Promising reviews: "This is the best lip product I've ever used! I wake up the next morning with hydrated lips without fail every time. Hot tip: Put a little on during the day for a glossy look." —xemax96, Sephora Customer
"I've been using the Laneige Sleeping Mask for about three years. I'm on my third one! I got two of the berry (original), and I just started using the gummy bear one. Never fails to make my lips feel moisturized and smells amazing!" —Jessumaru, Sephora Customer
Get it from Sephora or from Amazon for $24 (available in four scents).
9. A miracle-working Migraine Stick that gives you relief from headaches and migraines almost instantly. It's made with essential oils like peppermint, spearmint, and lavender that can even help clear your sinuses.
Promising reviews: "NEVER fails me!!! I’ve owned this for almost two years and it always comes through for me. It has stopped me from throwing up SOOO many times and has relived many headaches and migraines... I just run to my nightstand, grab this, and literally roll it outside my nostrils and smell it for a few minutes. 9/10, I don’t throw up and am able to calm down enough to grab a cup of ginger ale and ginger candy to further help. I just purchased three more to have around the house and one in my purse for on the go." —i l y
"I almost never write reviews, but this product should be tried by people suffering from chronic headaches. I take far too many over-the-counter meds due to lifetime, chronic headaches and migraines and worry about the negative effects the meds have on my digestive system. This migraine stick was yet another attempt at reducing headaches, without meds. It works! I'm not saying it will stop a full-blown headache or migraine. I haven't had the opportunity to try that yet, because when I feel a headache coming on, I use the roll-on stick and it works. I roll on a small bit on my forehead, temples, and base of my neck in front and back. After about ten minutes, I realize the headache has gone away. I'm sold! I've been using this for three weeks and have avoided a lot of meds. It's worked every time, without fail." —NSF
Read BuzzFeed's write-up of this miracle migraine stick!
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
10. A set of Sea Bands perfect for those who experience motion sickness, morning sickness, and migraine nausea. The band targets an acupuncture point on your wrists to help reduce the nauseous feeling.
Promising review: "Love these. Work like a charm. My mom had them while pregnant, and I now get car sick. They never fail me. Worth every penny." —Amber Doucet
Get a set of two from Amazon for $8.53.
11. An enzyme-based laundry stain remover that has reviewers throwing around words like "magic" and "amazing" because of how good the results are. With one wash, deodorant residue, dirt, and sweat stains disappear!
Puracy is a small biz based in Austin, Texas that makes nontoxic, plant-based cleaning and personal care products.
Promising review: "This is by far the best stain remover I've used yet. I have a 1-year-old that I've been treating his clothes since he started solids around 6 months. This stain remover has never failed me. It's even gotten crayon out of a Kyte sleep sack that was washed with a crayon. I treated it after I discovered it and let it sit for an hour, then washed it, and it all came out. It's my go-to baby shower gift for new moms, and I love that it's clean ingredients. Puracy, you have a forever customer!" —Hannah Webber
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
12. A pack of Avarelle Acne Cover Patches to help those pesky zits disappear overnight. Bonus points! They also prevent picking and acne scarring. Simply apply the patch right on top of your pimple in the evening and the rest is history.
Promising review: "These are awesome!!! I’ve purchased them multiple times and have never been disappointed. They’re effective and efficient, so pretty much everything you would want in a purchase. My daughters and I always use them and they’ve never failed to drastically reduce, or completely eliminate, breakouts. I usually apply these over night and always see a huge improvement by the next morning. They don’t budge at all unless you’re intentionally removing them. If you’re on the fence, get off. The 4- and 5-star reviews are true." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of 40 patches from Amazon for $7.64.