1. In the UK, around 225,000 people will develop dementia each year – that's the equivalent to one person every three minutes.
2. 150,000 people die with dementia every year.
3. The number of people with dementia is set to rise to 1 million by 2021.
4. Nearly half of people with dementia go undiagnosed.
5. Dementia is caused by diseases of the brain.
6. Alzheimer's disease is the most common type of dementia.
7. Dementia is not just an older person's condition.
8. Just because your parent has dementia, it doesn't mean you will get it too.
9. Some of the symptoms might be surprising.
10. You can do things to reduce your risk of developing dementia.
11. Life doesn't end when dementia begins.
Alzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia support and research charity.
We do everything we can to help people living with dementia stay connected to their lives and the people they love for longer. If you're worried about dementia, or simply want to find out more about it, please get in touch at alzheimers.org.uk.
Share this post to help spread awareness of dementia and how Alzheimer's Society can help.
All facts and statistics provided by Alzheimer's Society.