Did you know nearly half of girls in the US drop out of sports during puberty? Even though when girls continue to play sports, they gain confidence and critical life skills like teamwork and resilience.*
That’s why Always and Walmart are helping the following schools and organizations that provide access, opportunity, and encouragement to puberty-aged girls in sports with their #KeepHerPlaying Youth Grants:
1. Memphis Inner City Rugby
2. Angel City Sports (ACS)
3. Sloane Stephens Foundation
4. Wendy Hilliard Gymnastics Foundation (WHGF)
5. First Tee of Northwest Arkansas
6. Biltmore Preparatory Academy
7. Boys and Girls Club of Benton County (BGCBC)
8. Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF)
9. MS 363 Lady Lions
10. Hudson River Community Sailing (HRCS)
Join Always and Walmart by encouraging girls in your life to stay in sports. And visit walmart.com/always to learn more about the #KeepHerPlaying campaign.
*One Poll, 2021. Quantitative nationally representative US sample. n=3000.
**Always will donate five cents per pack of Always period pads or Tampax tampons purchased at Walmart between 7/1/21 and 7/31/21 to the YMCA.
All images via Women's Sports Foundation unless otherwise stated. Quotes have been edited for length and/or clarity.