1. Greatness is upon you, and when I say greatness…I mean GREATNESS! Waffles are great, but mozzarella stick waffles are better than regular ones.
2. Mozzarella Stick Waffles
3. Here’s what you will need:
Makes 8 waffles
- 1 (16-ounce) block whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Marinara sauce for dipping
Preheat a waffle maker to medium heat. Cut the mozzarella into four equal slices, then cut each slice in half into square chunks, making eight chunks total.
Place the flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls.
Dredge a mozzarella square in the flour, shaking off the excess, then dip into the beaten egg. Roll it in the bread crumbs, making sure that it is completely coated. Put the breaded mozzarella on a plate; repeat with the remaining mozzarella chunks.
Spray the waffle iron on both sides with cooking spray. Cook the mozzarella squares in the waffle iron for about two minutes, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the cheese is starting to bubble.
Garnish with scallions and serve with marinara!