1. You tell your close friends first.
They’re the lucky ones to hear the news before anyone else.
2. Then you tell your family.
They ask, “When do we get to meet them?”
3. And then you (pretty much) let the world know.
4. And pretty soon all your photos on social media are of your significant other.
5. You start referring to each other as “we.”
Friend: What are you doing this 4th of July?
You: I think we’re going camping!
11. You plan vacations together.
You even researched the best ways to save for one. Because you’re serious about it!
17. You get reallllly comfortable with each other.
You don’t even care if they let out a burp or release gas. You love them just the same.
18. You learn how to split time between families.
Alternating between holidays is a breeze! Thanksgiving with his family this year and Christmas with yours.
20. You start thinking about your future together…
Do we want kids? Should we live in the city or the suburbs? What about insurance?
21. …and eventually you move in with each other!
You don’t even mind being domestic.
22. You obviously get a pet together.
Something you can take care of together!
And most importantly, you ensure your partner is always safe and accounted for, even when they’re not with you.
Check out this animated short film featuring “Safe In My Hands” by Eli Lieb now. Like the song? Get the single and exclusive remix free from Allstate.
Plus, tag a photo of you with #OutHoldingHands on Instagram or Twitter to join the #OutHoldingHands Gallery.