We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An Adidas gym bag featuring plenty of interior and side pockets for all the important knickknacks and doodads (ex. post-gym snacks) that make working out fun.
Promising review: "This bag is huge for a small bag and it’s PERFECT! I use it for the gym and keeping my work uniforms in! Lots of pockets and space! Has a great pocket with breathable holes to put shoes so they don’t mess up your clothes! I was worried my shoes wouldn’t fit but they fit with a little work and I wear a 10.5 shoe size. Love the green color too!" —Brighton Dowen
Get it from Amazon for $30.04+ (available in three sizes and 22 designs).
2. A roomy duffel bag so cute you'll be fiercely protective of it every time you whip it out at the gym, but worry not —thanks to its water-resistant nylon material, this beauty won't absorb any potential nastiness.
Promising review: "I love, love, love this bag! It’s roomy, lots of storage inside and out. Great quality and water-resistant. I use it as a gym bag, but it can be used as a weekend bag also. I like the use of handle straps and shoulder strap. One of my best bag purchases. I might buy another one for myself or a gift." —D Alexander
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in 11 colors).
3. A lightweight Nike gym bag made from recycled plastic bottles and prepared to make you feel like a fierce fitness warrior every time you wield it.
Promising review: "This is one off the best Nike bags I’ve ever purchased, it has so much room for all my gym stuff. Great quality, love how you can adjust the straps. Love the color of the bag. I also love how it has a zipper inside the bag for your keys or cellphone." —Maribel D.
Get it from Nike for $40 (available in three colors).
4. A huge Under Armour gym bag with a near-perfect Amazon rating that comes in large and extra-large sizes in case you never pack light when it comes to your gym gear.
Promising review: "This bag is amazing, fits my shoes, my gym clothes alongside with a sweater, my gym equipment, and much other stuff. It comes with additional bags to hold personal items. The size is what you expect, I got a medium and I am content with it, I feel like a large bag would fit more athletic equipment. Overall, this is my new gym bag." —Denise Espinoza
Get it from Amazon for $35+ (available in five sizes and over 50 colors and designs).
5. A mid-volume oblong Herschel duffel so comfy and functional it'll make packing for the gym in the hellish hours of the morning that much more bearable.
Promising review: "This duffel bag gets so many compliments on the streets. It stands out! The room that this duffel bag comes with is all you need for the gym or light travel." —anonymous
"This bag is perfect for going to the gym. First of all, it’s snazzy, which helps motivate me to get to the gym. It’s the perfect size for my stuff. And the handles and strap are so comfortable to hold! Good job, Herschel." —AEH1
Get it from Herschel for $64.99 (available in eight colors).
6. A duffel bag (and backpack), created by famous AAPI female founder Shay Mitchell, is also the ultimate travel companion. It has padded straps, a luggage sleeve, and enough room to pack everything you need in your gym routine, from start to finish.
Promising review: "I don’t usually take time to write reviews but I’m bored at work so I’ll write one. The bag is super cute and spacious. The second I posted it on my snap I got questioned where I got it. Fits all I have to carry. Also fits perfectly in the gym lockers. I’d recommend it for sure! I also have the Weekender bag and love that one as well!" —Lily A.
Get it from Beis for $88 (available in two colors).
7. A gym bag with a shoe compartment so your stinky gym shoes don't contaminate the rest of your stuff, an unbearable fate that has discouraged many a voracious sweater from enjoying their gym experience to the max.
Promising review: "This is an amazing bag for its price. I'm actually quite baffled that such a sturdy and nicely made bag is worth so little. It has everything I need for my morning gym routine, as well as a change of clothes for two jobs. I work in an office then go to teach college courses after on some nights, and the shoe compartment, waterproof pocket, mesh side pocket, and ample space make it an ideal bag. I've had it for over two months now and it still looks brand new, aside from some light scuffing on the bottom (which has a waterproof and durable underside). The various zippers, and the clips for the shoulder strap all feel like they're made of a sturdier metal than the cheap metal that a generic Nike bag has. They are also plated and finished so I assume there is some corrosion resistance in there too. Overall VERY satisfied with the bag. It even looks nice too!" —Matthew Lombardo
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in three sizes and eight colors).
8. A classy gym bag slash tennis bag giving off huge country club vibes — ideal for carrying your rackets, balls, Fiji water, terrycloth headband, and anything else you need in your court-based workout routine.
10. A Gymshark gym bag destined to make you look super put-together after any workout, even when you're still glistening with sweat and/or giving off strong post-gym aromas.
Promising review: "This gym bag is absolutely PERFECT! I love the color and small but noticeable details, it’s not too big, the shoulder strap is shorter to be close to the body but very convenient. Everything about this bag is a must-buy!" —anonymous
Get it from Gymshark for $42 (available in six colors).
11. A Fila gym bag formulated in lots of bright colors to match your peppy pre-workout mood, and super functional so you'll stay happy even when your workout's done.
Promising review: "I love this sport duffel! The colors are true to the pic and it will work great for me as a tennis coach (our main school color is purple, which is awesome). Now I have an easy way to carry my physicals, first aid kit, and other necessary items. I also can’t express how happy I am with the durable zippers. I also appreciate that the main part of the duffel has two zippers so it can be locked." —Fontaine
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in four colors).
12. A convertible sports tote you can wear as a tote bag or a backpack, featuring yoga mat straps, a separate shoe/wets compartment, water-resistant lining, adjustable straps, and a key pocket (along with seven other ones).
Promising review: "This is my second Caraa purchase and once again, the quality of the product has exceeded my expectations. I wear this as tote most of the time but switch to backpack mode when walking longer distances. The backpack straps are broad and surprisingly comfortable. The bag itself is very lightweight. I fit my 13-inch laptop (in a protective sleeve), some snacks, minimal toiletries, and gym gear in the main compartment, with my training shoes in the shoe compartment. The bag design is really well thought out, for example, allowing the main compartment to expand into the shoe compartment when the separation is not required, the structured bottom so that the bag stands up on its own and doesn’t lose its shape even without putting your heaviest/bulkiest things in the bottom. The straps at the bottom of the bag to allow you to strap on a mat or other things in a pinch. The only improvements I would make are: a larger side pocket to fit my iPhone 7 with cover with ease and perhaps a card holder and zips that are less rigid. Otherwise, I love this bag. Quite a few people have asked me where I got it! I feel like Caraa is such a well-kept secret in my country (Singapore) that I'd rather keep it to myself, though!" —Karen A.
Get it from Caraa for $220+ (originally $275; available in two colors).
13. A do-it-all duffel bag that can only described as luxurious, because not only can you pack like a week's worth of clothes and sneaks in here, but it looks like a stylish designer piece you'll have for years to come.
Promising review: "Love this bag. The bag works well for daily use back and forth to work and the gym. I HIGHLY recommend taking a dive and spending the money on this versatile bag. I love the separate shoe compartment and the solid interior that keeps your clothes folded nicely during transport." —Brandon T.
Get it from Calpak for $92 (available in six colors).
14. A waterproof bag designed to last through all beatings and bad weather, and available in bright, bombastic colors so you'll never get it mixed up with all the other gray gym bags again.
Promising review: "This is my second bag from Baboon to the Moon and when I say I’m in love with these bags it’s an understatement. My old duffle bag I used for years and was so excited that these bags are a sturdy and made to last a lifetime. This is perfect for an overnight trip for me, I’m waiting for their next drop of colors to get the next size up to complete my collection. Highly recommend if you want a qualify bag that’s going to last years. Great investment." —Jaky H.
Get it from Baboon to the Moon for $159 (available in nine colors).
15. A gym backpack for the hardcore enthusiast who doesn't mess around when it comes to packing their gym gear: it's got straps for running, a 25L capacity, and not one, but two water bottle pockets for maximum hydration.
Built For Athletes is a UK-based small biz that makes bags for serious gym enthusiasts.
Promising review: "Was really hard finding a good backpack that I could fit all my gym, shower, and work stuff in, but this fits its all! Amazingly comfy too." —Tori McLean
Get it from Built For Athletes for $120 (available in two colors).
16. A yoga mat bag with tons of pockets so you can show up to yoga class with all your fave accessories without having to awkwardly juggle your blocks, mat, and water bottle, and feel like everyone's judging you.
Promising review: "WOW! When I first opened the box containing my YogaAddict Yoga Mat Bag the first thing I noticed was the beautiful shade of BLUE! Unzipped the bag to FULL length and saw how much space I have inside. Inside zippered pocket for valuables and enough room to hold my mat, full length mat towel, face towel and a bottle of spray (for my towel)! Once I loaded all my gear into the bag, I discovered I still have room for a few more small items! I am very very happy I ordered this mat bag. The fabric feels durable but not stiff and the zippers feel like they will last. The zippers are smooth and glide easily. It holds EVERYTHING you would ever need for yoga or the gym and it isn’t HUGE and bulky like some that I looked at. Oh, it comes with a shoulder strap! The two handles that Velcro together are long enough to carry this YogaAddict Mat Bag as a shoulder bag and it fits the body’s contours nicely! Thank you YogaAddict for this GREAT design, color, and durability!" —Vicki Sugar
Get it from Amazon for $28.97+ (available in six colors).
17. A neoprene Dagne Dover duffel bag that will not only survive, but thrive through all your hustle-and-bustle workdays and sweaty workouts thereafter.
Promising review: "The BEST gym bag I have ever invested in. This can also act as a weekender bag — does the job and looks super stylish/chic too! The pop of color makes it sSoOoOoO I’m absolutely obsessed with this bag!!! This medium size is currently functioning as a gym bag for me and the size is *perfect.* I’m someone who carries a lot in my gym bag — lifting shoes, resistance bands of various sizes, a jump rope, hand grips, chalk, a lacrosse ball, headphones, face and body wipes for a quick freshening when necessary... so yeah, I need plenty of space and THIS. BAG. DELIVERS. I love it so much, I’ve already ordered a large AND extra large, for overnights and longer trips. Also, I’ll use the large Landon bag as my gym bag whenever I’m on the go and need a bit more space to not only pack my gym clothes + lifting shoes + my regular sneakers, but also fit whatever bulky clothes that I’m changing *out* of (which tends to be jeans, blazer, boots). I’m so happy that I finally decided to buy these bags, and you should too!" —healthnutCPA
Get it from Nordstrom for $170 (available in two colors).
18. A recycled fold-up gym bag that collapses flat to the size of a Kindle (!), so you certainly won't be tripping over a bulky bag on your closet floor, or wrestling a huge bag into a tiny gym locker that feels like it was made for elves.
You can monogram your bag for an extra $15.
This bag was also featured on our roundup of splurgeworthy Oprah's Favorite Things from 2018!
Promising review: "This bag has become my new everyday bag, replacing my leather luxury tote that was getting bent out of shape by my laptop, water bottles, and everything else! This is my work bag, my running around the city bag, and truly the best ever. It also looks incredibly beautiful and people always ask me who makes these bags!!" —anonymous
"I was looking for a gym bag that could hold a towel and change of clothes, but not something as big as 'weekender' size. I'm very happy with the quality of the product, and happy that it comes from recycled materials!" —anonymous
Get it from Paravel for $70 (available in six colors).
19. A mauve water-resistant gym bag you won't be able to resist using for all your needs, in and out of the gym.
Promising review: "I was looking for an overnight bag that I could use as a hospital bag. I had a myomectomy a few days ago, and this bag fit everything I needed. It has several pockets perfect for small items like a toothbrush kit, phone chargers, snack bars, etc. The pastel color is super cute, and all nurses wanted to know where I got this bag! Once I recover and can go back to the gym, I'll definitely use it to carry my clothes. I'm really happy with this purchase!" —Dani
Get it from Target for $34.99.
You need the best gym bag, because after all:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.