These BBQ Chicken Corndogs Are The Best Of Both Worlds
And the best part of your next summer cook-out.
BBQ Chicken Corn Dogs
2 cups shredded chicken
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 cups flour
1 cup cornmeal
¼ cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
Oil, for frying
1. In a bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the barbecue sauce.
2. On a baking sheet, portion the BBQ chicken into 3 logs and place a skewer through the chicken.
3. Freeze for 1 hour, or until solid.
4. In a bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the egg and milk, and mix until combined. Set aside for 20 minutes.
6. Pour mixture into a cup.
7. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil to 350°F/180°C.
8. Remove the chicken from the freezer and gently loosen the chicken from the sheet with a fork.
9. Dip the chicken skewer into the cornmeal batter until completely coated.
10. Place corndog into the oil and fry for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
11. Place on a paper towel to drain.
12. Serve with BBQ sauce, and enjoy!