2. Throwing yourself an ice cream party might seem like the kind of thing that only exists on Pinterest, but that’s not true.
Take it from me, I never look at the thing. But really, you don’t need much. Just some ice cream, a good attitude, and a dream: a dream of eating all the ice cream.
3. Oh, and TOPPINGS. ALL THE TOPPINGS.
You’ll notice that yes, there is booze present, because we are adults and it is our right to spike our ice cream sundaes with alcohol. I wouldn’t recommend you pouring vodka over your banana split, but nobody would be mad at a little bourbon/chocolate ice cream situation, I can tell you that.
Find recipes for insanely delicious and VERY sundae-friendly hot fudge and salted caramel sauces at the bottom of this post. For more ideas, right this way.
6. From there, it’s honestly up to you what kinds of magical creations you make. There are no rules here, only ice cream.
7. Need some inspiration? Perhaps you’d like to learn about this one with strawberry ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and SPRINKLES.
It’s a chocolate covered strawberry, basically.
8. Or maybe you’re more of a banana split person.
I don’t blame you.
9. What about this chocolate-Cap’n Crunch-peanut butter cup-caramel DREAM??
ONE MILLION PLEASE.
10. The world is literally your oyster. I mean sundae bar.
11. Hot Fudge Sundae Sauce
By Alison Roman
Makes 2 cups
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup honey
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons whiskey, bourbon or rum (optional)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Bring sugar, honey, cocoa powder and 1 cup water to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. Add chocolate, butter, whiskey (if using) and salt. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before using.
DO AHEAD: This sauce can be made and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Reheat slightly before using.
12. Salty Caramel Sauce
By Alison Roman
Makes 2 cups
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. kosher salt
Heat sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, without stirring, until the sugar starts to caramelize and turns golden brown, 5–8 minutes. Add butter, one piece at a time, and stir until it’s totally incorporated. Add cream, salt and 1/4 cup water and stir to blend. (Be careful, the mixture will bubble and steam, that’s normal.) Remove from heat and cool slightly before using.
DO AHEAD: Caramel sauce can be made and refrigerated up to 1 week. Reheat slightly before using.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."