1. Do you like cuddling with tiny babies?
2. OF COURSE YOU DO.
Who could resist tenderly rocking and patting this tiny being?
3. Then you should consider becoming an interim care volunteer.
Interim care allows biological parents who are considering adoption to go to counseling and fully explore their options while knowing their baby is being cared for by a nurturing caregiver in a loving home.
4. As a volunteer, you’ll provide a safe atmosphere for a little bundle of joy.
Birth parents retain their legal rights while the baby is in care and are encouraged to visit. Babies usually stay in interim care for two to six weeks, while the best permanency plan for each child is developed.
5. And there’s TONS of care and cuddling to be had.
“The commonality between our volunteers is their nurturing spirit to care for a newborn and then help that baby transition into their permanent family,” Katie Foley, associate director of outreach for New York-based adoption agency Spence-Chapin, told BuzzFeed.
6. “Volunteers find fulfillment and satisfaction in being a loving, if temporary, home for a baby in need,” Foley said.
Spence-Chapin is currently looking to fill about a dozen open interim care positions. “The need for volunteers is real,” Adam Pertman, president of the National Center on Adoption and Permanency and the author of Adoption Nation, told BuzzFeed.
Go here to learn more about applying as a volunteer. And call your local adoption agencies to see if they offer interim care programs.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏