1. Welcome to Dismaland, an art amusement park created by artist Banksy that will haunt your dreams.
Dismaland is a five-week show housed inside and around a derelict Tropicana building in Weston-super-Mare, a seaside town in Somerset, England.
3. No kidding.
4. The park features enough apocryphal Disney World imaginings to ruin a 5-year-old forever.
And works go beyond just Banksy. Damien Hirst, Jenny Holzer, and other artists have pieces on exhibit.
And while it’s all so creepy, it does make you THINK…
5. Why is this grim reaper in a bumper car?
Maybe it’s to represent the haphazard way that death seems to bump into our lives.
6. Why is this selfie spot surrounded by blank space?
Perhaps you make a beautiful place disappear amongst your flagrant narcissism.
7. Why is she an imbecile?
Maybe it’s to say that thoughtless consumerism can make people look stupid.
8. And why is Willy jumping out of a toilet?
Methinks he might desperately be trying to escape the marine life industry.
9. And why are there migrant boats?
You know exactly why.
10. Dismaland is Banksy’s biggest art show to date, and we’re sure the crowds will gather.
The art is up for you to interpret. And the statement pieces will chill you to the bone.
11. Watch Banksy’s trailer for the park here:
- President Trump laid out an ambitious agenda in his speech to Congress, but Republicans are still divided on how to pass that agenda.
- The FBI is investigating if bomb threats against Jewish centers came from an internet "troll" and are profiling a lone, young, tech-savvy person.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence for suicide prevention, scanning feeds for signs of people at risk of self-harm, then offering resources for help.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳