1. Experiment with a longer coat.
2. Try a boat neck.
3. Find a button-up that fits comfortably across your chest, and pair it with a contrasting blazer.
4. Don't be afraid to leave your shirt untucked under your sweater.
5. Use denim to broaden your shoulders.
6. If you don't want to deal with a button-up but still want to wear a suit, don a white T-shirt.
7. Add some interest around your waist.
8. To keep a button-up from opening at the chest, opt for shirts that have buttons closer together.
"If there is a lot of space between each button, there's more room for holes to open," Lovely said.