We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A hair-removing glove that's a massage for your pet, and great for your home since you'll be able to remove a ton of their fur that would've otherwise been shed all over the place.
Here's why BuzzFeed editor Chelsea Stuart loves this:
"I recently bought this after seeing it in many a BuzzFeed post (thanks, shopping colleagues!) and it is so worth it. My cats shed like it is their freaking job and I just can't keep up with it. One of them loves their regular brush but I have to empty it every two seconds and the other is terrified at just the sight of it. With this, I can just pretend I'm going in for a normal ol' petting session and they enjoy it!"
Another promising review: "This grooming glove works so well! My dogs think they're getting a massage (I guess they are), and don't mind being 'brushed' at all. I do have short-haired dogs but I believe it would work just as well for a quick brush out on long-haired dogs. The glove is easy to clean and made to fit the average hand. It has an adjustable wrist strap to keep it from falling off. I would recommend this product especially if you have a dog (or any animal) who isn't fond of having an actual brush used on them. The bristles are stiff but do not hurt their skin." —CAROL BAILEY HUMPHRIES
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 (available in two colors).
2. Some Bissell Stomp 'N Go Pads for tackling tough, hard-to-remove surface stains like pet pee, vomit, and poop. Simply place the pad on the affected area, stomp on the pad, and then leave it be for 30 minutes. Once you peel it off the floor, your stain should have magically lifted — hallelujah!
I swear by these pads. I have a dog who has a sensitive stomach and gets the runs. We live on the sixth floor of an apartment building and can't always get downstairs quick enough. The times that he has had an accident on the floor, these have been there to save the day. I don't usually use them on a completely fresh stain without trying to get the stain up with a carpet cleaner first (such as Resolve alongside a brush). Then after I get most of it cleaned up with that I let it rest for an hour and then hit it with these pads to seal the deal. These end up cleaning the carpet beautifully. I have repurchased these numerous times.
Promising review: "I’m pretty sure there is magic in these. I have spent so many hours scrubbing at different spots on my area rugs (compliments of my monstrous dog with a sensitive stomach) and there are still spots that just won’t come clean. You literally lay these down, step on them for a few seconds, and walk away. I generally leave it for 24 hours but I’m not sure if that’s really necessary. The next day you can see the stain on the pad and the rug is spotless." —mmallia
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $24.99.
3. Or a compact carpet cleaner in case the "oopsie" happened on your upholstery and you're not about to dump a whole bottle of cleaning spray on it. This is the route to go if you have a stain that's been sitting for a bit too long and it's not exactly fresh (it's also perf on carpet). I've used this to remove difficult dog poo stains and it works wonders.
Promising review: "With four dogs and a cat, a mini carpet cleaner is a necessity in our house. I have had a few different versions of this cleaner, and have decided this is the best one. This little guy is doing our pet family good. We had a puke fest in our living room a few weeks ago and it picked up the entire mess with no problem!" —AMG in NY
Get it from Amazon for $117.80.
4. A Wild One harness and treat kit that comes with a harness, leash, poop bag holder, and crossbody treat pouch so wherever your adventures take you, you'll be prepared and they'll look stylish.
I have one of these kits from Wild One and they are the only harness and leash I currently use with my dog. They're super well made and I love how they're cohesive and cute! The harness is amazing because it has four different loop holes for the leash — two on the back and one on the chest so you can choose the best place to hook their leash. I also adore the treat pouch for keeping treats handy at all times (and a place to keep my phone if out on a walk). I recently started training my dog a bit more so having treats on me is crucial. I absolutely love this entire set, it's well worth the money.
Get it from Wild One for $132 (available in four harness sizes, two collar sizes, and four colors).
5. A dog booster seat to keep them safe and secure in the car (instead of dangerously on your lap). This seat will give them some elevation so they can see out the window AND it's also washable in case they have an accident.
Promising review: "My dog Harvey loves his new car seat. He can easily see out the car windows and is more eye to eye with me so he's content not being in my lap. Harvey is 14 pounds so he has plenty of room. In fact I could fit two of him in the same car seat. The safety leash connected to the the car seat is just the right length so he can hang his head out the window without falling out (Harvey's favorite feature). —JOY
Get it from Amazon for $80.99+ (available in two sizes, heated and unheated, and six colors).
6. A pet odor and stain remover for your home because, let's face it, you can never have enough stain removers for the carpet. A new dog means lots of potty messes...
Rocco & Roxie Supply Company is a family-owned small business established in 2013 that specializes in pet odor eliminators, pet toys, pet snacks, and pet accessories.
Promising review: "This solution was recommended to me by a science teacher who just went through training a puppy and did not want any toxic chemicals to touch their dogs paws, carpet, and other surfaces. The solution smells nice, does not mask the problem, and is very efficient. Takes a little while to manage old stains but works pretty fast on new ones. After cleaning up a recent accident, much to my surprise, I couldn’t figure out where the stain was when I walked back into the room. My neighbor borrowed it and was so impressed that she bought several bottles to keep on hand. She even mentioned that the smell was light and pleasant and didn’t smell soapy like other solutions. This solution is my new go-to for cleaning up puppy accidents." —Melanie
Get it from Amazon for $19.97+ (available in two sizes).
7. A pet hair roller so you can avoid your upholstery looking like it's covered in shag from your pets shedding so much. Roll this bb around and pick up every last piece of hair.
Promising review: "I was cautiously optimistic, but this tool is as effective as everyone is saying. My couches, and especially my recliner, look brand new. It takes little to no effort to use. Just use it in a 'scrubbing' type motion and it catches and traps the fur (and other small debris, such as crumbs...) in the little compartment. Pop it open, empty it out. Done." —Ian K.
Get it from Amazon for $28.95.
8. And a FURemover squeegee broom to tackle the carpet and the mounds of fur that will undoubtedly get caked into it. You'll be so happy you added this to cart when it helps keep your carpeting from looking like a massive dog hair tumbleweed.
Check this out in action on TikTok!
Promising review: "I really didn’t expect this to work. We’ve had short-haired cats for years and I had a rubber upholstery brush that never seemed to do anything. Well, we recently got a dog — a black Great Pyrenees mix. There is fur everywhere. Our downstairs is all hard flooring with area rugs and I hate lugging my Shark vacuum every couple of days but just daily sweeping with a regular broom wasn’t cutting it. I decided to take a chance on this broom and I am so happy I did. It takes some elbow grease but it gets the fur off the area rug in my living room. Not only is it great for getting the fur off rugs, but it’s also even better on the hard floors. My regular broom catches some of the hair (which I then have to clean off by hand) but much of it just swirls away in the breeze the sweeping creates. This broom actually collects even the tiny stray hairs and deposits them in the dust pile without me having to get my hands dirty (literally)." —Sarah R
Get it from Amazon for $23.25.
9. A Beis tote bag if you're planning on ~toting~ them around practically everywhere with you. They'll be so comfy cozy in this chic bag.
Promising review: "I love everything about this pet carrier! As someone who leads a busy life, I’ve always wanted to take my furry friend with me but sometimes I’m carrying so many items or I’m in a rush. With this pet tote, I simply put Goji inside, zip the top, and am ready to take on the day. He’s a chihuahua, so he tends to get cold easily, which is why I love the inner sherpa lining to keep him from shivering. In one of outside pocket sleeves, I put his leash and harness, the other, my set of keys. I love how the straps are wide and don’t hurt my shoulders. A bonus is that the design of the bag is super stylish. It really is the perfect bag for my pet!" —Joy U.
Get it from Beis for $128 (available in two colors).
10. A cozy pet bed that's made with high quality faux fur and meant to help ease their anxiety with its round, donut shape. If that doesn't look like the coziest bed...
Promising review: "My pup is a 10-year-old Chihuahua mix. Normally, when she receives a new bed, she will take the time to sniff around it, scratch around it to get cozy, and sit in it for a while before she decides to lay down (if she decides to lay down). This was not the case for this dog bed! I just unboxed it, fluffed it up, and put it on the floor beside me. My pup immediately walked in it, laid down, and passed out! Now, she's snoring. I think I finally found a winner." —Shaketa Mills
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in four sizes and seven colors).
11. A snuffle mat for an innovative way to keep their sense of smell sharp and to assist in slower eating habits. This is a great brain teaser for pups since it teaches them foraging skills and will keep them veryyyyyy busy.
Promising review: "We have a mixed terrier puppy who loves snuffling around in the lawn, digging holes, etc. She absolutely loves her snuffle mat — we are now feeding her all her meals in it as she started going and sitting next to it expectantly at mealtime. She has never been a food-motivated dog, and this gets her to eat her whole meal at once as well (versus grazing on her bowl). Fantastic product so far, I’m very happy with it!" —Heather L.
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
12. A set of reusable microfiber mop pads that'll fit perfectly on the Swiffer mop you already own and will help you create less waste than the throwaway ones you've probs been using up 'til now. If you're getting a pup who sheds, then this is a must-have.
They can be used wet or dry and on basically every type of flooring and even drywall if you're so inclined. Since they can be thrown in the wash, one microfiber pad can replace up to 100 single-use pads.
Promising review: "We recently switched from carpet throughout most of our upstairs to LVP. Forget the one and done Swiffers. These are so much better! Just a little water and they pick up so much dust and dog hair. For the grungy parts of the floor these do a much better job than the wet Swiffer pads. Super impressed and definitely recommend!" —Nick
Get a set of two from Amazon for $12.99.
13. A plush heartbeat dog toy to help ease their transition to your home. This dog toy has a ticking heart inside to resemble a heartbeat so if they're missing their mama or littermates, they'll feel calm and safe when snuggling up next to it. I got this for my dog when he was a puppy and it worked wonders for crate training.
Triple AAA batteries and a heat pack (to resemble a live pup's body heat) are included.
Promising review: "We bought one of these for both of our dogs as puppies transitioning to leave their littermates. It seemed to really help both of my dogs when we were crate training them at night as pups, as well as offer some comfort during those many hours of puppy naps. My 1.5-year-old Weimaraner still carries it around like a stuffed animal, and is always sure to find it during fireworks or thunderstorms to comfort her. The original snuggle pup has had to be sewn many times as my girls can play a little rough, but we still have it and have since bought a back up so we don't have a melt down (hopefully) on the day it gets destroyed. Can't recommend enough!" —Mitch
Get it from Amazon for $35.92+ (available in four colors).
14. An 18-pack of puppy chew toys perfect for keeping them occupied as well as soothing their gums when they're teething. You don't want them chewing your shoes, or the furniture — just give them one of these super fun toy options instead.
15. A Furbo treat-tossing camera so you'll be able to keep an eye on them while you're away from home AND can toss them treats from your smartphone. Good boy Rover! Here's a treat!
This camera is 1080 pixels for super clear video viewing, and has a 160° wide-angle view for day and night vision!
Promising review: "I am extremely impressed, no complaints. The video quality it great (including auto night vision), the treat toss is a fun feature, the audio is good, and above all I am completely blown away by the impressive alert features! The variety of alerts and accuracy is incredible! I get alerts immediately on my phone and Apple Watch about my dogs, from barking and crying, to running/active, even person detection. The alert features are the best part about this camera in my opinion. Setup was a breeze and the app is very user friendly. Customer support is quick to respond, professional, and very helpful. I can’t stress enough how impressed and satisfied I am with the entire experience. My dogs are my world and I now have so much peace of mind. I would strongly recommend this product to ANY pet owner! It’s undeniably worth it!!! Hands down five stars." —Careena
Get it from Amazon for $169.
16. A slow feeder bowl so they can learn to enjoy their food...slowly. Learning to eat slower helps improve their digestion so they can avoid bloating, regurgitation, and overeating behavior. This is also great for dogs who enjoy foraging.
Promising review: "We have a lab mix who always acts as though he hasn’t eaten in a week when he sees food. He was always so bloated and tired from the way he was always scarfing down his food. The day we got this bowl and put it to the test we knew it was a great purchase. Within a couple of days he looked like he had lost 10 pounds, just from this slowing him down and reducing bloat! After many months of using it he actually has lost 15 pounds and is back to his healthy weight! We didn’t change how much he was exercising or the amount of food he was eating, just the way he was eating it. He had some trouble figuring it out at first, but for a 15-year-old dog who’s never seen anything like this I think he learned pretty quickly! Such a great find!" —Pryce A
Get it from Amazon for $5.28+ (available in five sizes and 13 styles).
17. A set of poop bags that are completely leak-proof. You'll wanna keep these handy on all the walks with your pooch pal. (These are my holy grail).
Promising review: "Best poop bags out there! I’m in love with these bags; they are great! I have nothing to complain about. This is my first dog and I wanted to make sure I was doing everything right so even the poop bags mattered to me. I’ve tried other biodegradable poop bags and nothing, I mean nothing, compares to these bags. I find other bags to be too thin and my nails cut through them. Not these! These are the perfect thickness! If you're debating, don’t! They're awesome and 100% the best poop bags for my pup and my cat's litter! GET THEM IF YOU HAVE A PET!!" —Sally T.
Get a pack of 18 rolls for $13.99.
18. A pack of potty pads if you're planning on potty-training them and you live in an apartment building that's not exactly ideal for rushing them outside in a pinch. My dog is trained to go outside, but in case of diarrhea emergencies, I keep these on hand so I can place one on my floor if he's having a tummy ache.
Promising review: "These are very basic pads. They are thick enough to hold the liquid. They do not seem to leak. They seem to keep the smell at bay as well. They are of average size. I am using these for my senior dog. She does well and will go on them when they are there for her to use. She is a medium-size dog. I am very happy with this purchase and will be buying them again!"—melanie jones
Get 25 pads from Amazon for $16.69 (available in three sizes, three styles, and larger packs).
19. A citrus deodorizer you can spritz onto furniture and in the air to get rid of pesky pet odors (think wet dog smell).
Angry Orange is a small biz whose odor eliminators will have your home smelling fresh in no time.
Promising review: "A product that reliably eliminates cat urine is basically magic, because cat urine used to be a death sentence to any item. Now I won't use anything other than angry orange. My cat chooses a rug to pee on a few times a year, and this product saves the rug every time. I've also successfully used it on bathroom tile/grout. The key is to make sure the whole affected area is covered in enough of this stuff, but it will work. If you don't think the smell is gone, you either missed a spot or didn't saturate per the directions. I always keep some in the closet for bad cat moments! Since I've been using this the last five years, I only had to throw out one memory foam bathroom mat, and have saved two big rugs, another bathroom mat, and a blanket. The product itself smells very strongly, though pleasantly, and fades over a few days. It doesn't just cover up the urine smell though, it really does gets rid of it." —Lacy
Get it from Amazon for $19.97+ (available in three sizes).
20. A probiotic grooming set that comes with a shampoo + conditioner and a deodorizer spray so you can keep their coat looking and feeling healthy. It features avocado oil and probiotics to fight off common skin problems like itchiness, odor, dry skin, dandruff, hot spots, yeast, and excessive shedding. Plus they have some lovely scents like sandalwood vanilla, and lavender.
21. Or a waterless no-rinse shampoo in case a bath is just not in the cards at the moment but you need to get them smelling fresh fast. Just pump out the product, rub it into their coat, dry with a towel, and then run a brush through their fur!
Promising review: "My dog is super anxious, has a tragic backstory, and basically never learned how to trust people until I rescued her. Bathing her was a huge struggle until I found this shampoo. It was so much easier to apply than trying to get her into a bath, and I think it really mitigated the odor instead of just covering it up. The smell wasn’t super strong unless you’re right next to her. Any new thing is a bit of a struggle at first, but she was really interested and ok with it once she got used to it. I would highly recommend for anyone, especially if your dog has anxiety." —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.