Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s government is nine seats shy of the majority it needs to pass legislation in the senate.
This means they’ll have to negotiate with the 11 crossbenchers, including the four One Nation senators. So who are they?
1. Pauline Hanson, One Nation
2. Malcolm Roberts, One Nation
3. Brian Burston, One Nation
4. Rodney Culleton, One Nation
5. Nick Xenophon, Nick Xenophon Team
6. Stirling Griff, NXT
7. Skye Kakoschke-Moore, NXT
8. Bob Day, Family First
9. David Leyonhjelm, Liberal Democrat Party
10. Jacqui Lambie, Jacqui Lambie Network
11. Derryn Hinch, Justice Party
Alice Workman is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Canberra.
Contact Alice Workman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.