This is the fall/winter 2013 Marc Jacobs menswear campaign.
Deliberately disheveled and just a little out-of-focus, it’s the latest in a long line of ads shot by Juergen Teller (whose campaign-themed collaboration with Jacobs now dates back over fifteen years’ worth of imagery).
And this is electronic musician and DJ Skrillex.
He is so edgy/alternative that Getty adds hipster-style Instagram filters to their photos of him.
You might be thinking “hey, isn’t that Skrillex on the far left in the campaign ad above?”
Or, you know, you might not be thinking that. It’s OK either way. But assuming you are wondering if Marc Jacobs likes his dubstep greasy, here’s an analysis of the campaign and its mostest Skrillex-est moments:
14. This is just a manbag. It’s not even remotely reminiscent of Skrillex.
He only carries a beat-up Carhartt backpack with badges pinned on it. (I have no idea if this is actually true or not.)
13. Again, this is just a bag.
Marc Jacobs makes good accessories, sure, but that’s not what we’re here for.
12. This is also not reminiscent of Skrillex at all. I mean, those loafers. Just no (see above).
(Don’t worry, it gets better.)
11. Here goes: no points for the model’s resemblance but this dank, graffiti-covered wall looks like it could be part of an underground club venue or something.
It’s possible, surely?
10. Similarly, this model is no McSkrill, but the glasses sure are…. kind of. It’s the little things.
9. Granted, Skrillex probably doesn’t like the buffet at Chinese restaurants much (who does?!), but this model is trying.
There’s definitely some shades of Skrillex about this hairdo.
8. A little bit too formal, but a further improvement in the hairstyle.
7. This could be his pre-prom photo. If he went to prom, that is, because he might be too cool for that mainstream shit.
(His date will be down in a minute — she’s just re-applying her thick, thick black eyeliner. And no, he didn’t buy a corsage because really?)
6. I mean, he probably sat at home in a big wicker chair composing bass lines and dreaming of that Vegas club residency.
5. I asked a friend who’s actually seen Skrillex in concert if the resemblance was legitimate. She replied, “oh God yes, the hair and the pasty complexion and also the disgruntled expression.”
4. She then added, “you might also want to note that [the models] look like their voices haven’t cracked yet. LIKE SKRILLEX AHEM.”
Don’t shoot the messenger, yo.
3. Anyway, this could totally be Skrillex if he liked bright blue fur stoles.
2. He prefers leather jackets, baseball caps and gauges, though.
1. And so voila, a veritable Skrillex doppelganger, in the suit he’d wear to meet your folks for the first time, say, for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.
The conversation would go as follows:
Your Dad says, “so there Sonny, I hear you’re a musician?”
Skrillex says, “I spin, yeah.”
Your Dad says, “Aren’t you worried you’ll get dizzy one of these days?”
Your Mom laughs nervously.
And then there’s an awkward silence for the rest of the meal apart from when everyone asks for a doggie bag because it’s actually impossible to finish the cheesecake you get for dessert in one sitting.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of conning Hillary Clinton in a Twitter rant Friday morning.
- World leaders hailed the legacy of former Israeli statesman Shimon Peres at his state funeral in Jerusalem.
- Anti-mafia police in Naples have recovered two Vincent van Gogh paintings that were stolen in Amsterdam 14 years ago.