7. Many people viewed the photos as evidence of a religious conversion.
asalamu alaykum sister @rihanna i saw pic of u wit a hijab at a mosque does dis mean u are muslim now welcome to islam sister riri
8. And, of course, people are mad.
Rihanna mosque photo shoot offends some Muslims —> http://t.co/xPJM5XStG0 Bitch, leave our holy place &keep your filth away. We dont need u
#Rihanna #mosque shameful act of vulgarity in our worship place. Shame on #abudhabi authorities to allow such acts of immorality.
10. Mosque officials have released a statement condemning the singer’s snap-happy actions.
In the event of behavior that violates the moral codes of access to the mosque, or other visit regulations – such as taking inappropriate pictures, posing in ways that are improper in the context of sacred place, talking loudly, or eating – the violators are directed in a polite manner that reflects the civilizational and tolerant attributes of Islam.
Here, the Centre refers to a recent incident, involving a singer who came for a private visit to the mosque, at a gate that is not reserved for visitors, without prior coordination with the Centre’s management and without identifying herself. [She] left without entering the mosque, after being asked to do so, due to the fact that she had taken some pictures that do not conform with the conditions and regulations put in place by the Centre’s management to regulate visits in a way that takes the status and sanctity of the mosque into consideration.
- Donald Trump marveled at how "brilliantly" Hitler seized power during a 2000 visit to a Holocaust museum.
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.