Celebrate the incomparable stylist’s legacy as British museum Somerset House announces a retrospective of her life and wardrobe.
It will be great.
1. Because she wore feathery headpieces crafted in her name.
8. One more hat, because it’s lovely, and because hats were her thing.
Blow once explained her love of the accessory as a way “to keep everyone away from me. They say, Oh, can I kiss you? I say, No, thank you very much. That’s why I’ve worn the hat. Goodbye.” Now that is a British way to do things.
10. Treacy first designed a headpiece for the bridal look she chose for her second wedding, to art dealer Detmar Blow.
And thus began their long-standing friendship and collaboration. (Also, she wore this to her wedding.)
15. Following her death in 2007, invites to the spring/summer 2008 McQueen show featured a tribute to Blow.
After numerous suicide attempts, Blow (suffering from depression) excused herself from a weekend party at her estate by saying she was going shopping. Instead, she drank weedkiller and was found, collapsed, in her bathroom by her sister. Blow died in hospital a day later.
25. She even wore Gaga’s pink burqa first.
That’s Blow attending the Christian Dior show during Paris Fashion Week in January 2003; Gaga performing at Philip Treacy’s spring 2013 show at London Fashion Week in September 2012.
28. A McQueen look dedicated to her once covered The New Yorker.
Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore! will open at Somerset House in November, thanks to a special partnership with Blow’s close friend Daphne Guinness, the Isabella Blow Foundation, and London fashion college Central Saint Martins.
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 37 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish forces have launched an offensive to help Syrian rebels take the border town of Jarabulus from ISIS and keep it out of Kurdish hands.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.