3. Maya “M.I.A.” Arulpragasam studied at London’s famed fashion college Central St. Martins, so a fashion collaboration from her is probably overdue.
She describes the collection as inspired by the counterfeit clothing she’d see sold in markets (and worn in bingo halls) across East London as she grew up. It’s still worn in bingo halls, just FYI.
“When I was approached by Versace, it seemed like a good idea to take that and reverse the cycle. Versace designs have always been bootlegged, now it’s Versace bootlegging the bootleg… This is to keep that cycle going.”
9. And between this and Nicki Minaj’s new line for K-Mart, there’ll be a lot of great, new rapper-designed clothing in stores this month.
So get to saving up, or just plan to buy cheap knock-offs on eBay — M.I.A. would presumably be fine with that.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.