1. Everyone’s favorite sourpuss Kristen Stewart attended the fall/winter 2013 Chanel Haute Couture show in Paris.
She is sat front row alongside — deep breaths — Vanessa Paradis, Michael Pitt, Rose Byrne and Bobby Cannavale. (Rihanna was also in attendance, but sat somewhere else.)
2. Here she is posing outside pre-show in a quintessential tweed Chanel jacket and leather microshorts.
3. Karl Lagerfeld may have even loaned her a pair of his very own fingerless leather gloves.
This is unlikely, however. KStew probably has her own pair.
4. You may be wondering why the backdrop looks like a building site. Kristen is wondering that, in fact.
That “deep in thought, scratching my head” pose is no coincidence.
5. It’s probably ironic, juxtaposing Chanel’s haute couture finery with a pile of old slate.
Karl likes to do that sort of thing.
6. And Kristen totally gets that.
It’s like presenting one’s highbrow acting chops amid a campy vampiric franchise.
Ok no, not really.
8. Oh, and one last thing: would KStew ever really wear this outfit if she weren’t almost certainly being paid by a fashion brand to do so?
Paid some major $$$, that smile says. (After all, she’s the face of Balenciaga fragrances right now so it’s not like she’s attending out of branded loyalty.)
- Italy is today observing a national day of mourning for the victims of Wednesday's earthquake. The death toll has climbed to 284.
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.