1. Kanye West designed an eight piece “capsule collection” for French brand A.P.C., which went on sale yesterday. It promptly crashed A.P.C.’s website.
Most of the collection sold out within minutes of being listed online — less than 24 hours post launch there’s very slim pickings left for shoppers late to the party:
9. And the final piece from Kanye’s line, this t-shirt printed with a black and white photo of a merry band of skeletons, is no longer even listed on A.P.C.’s U.S. site.
You can still buy it in France, though — for the equivalent of $124. (And only in extra extra large.)
10. While a few pieces are still available on both the American, French and British A.P.C. sites, the line is completely sold out out in both Japan and Korea.
11. And pieces are already popping up on eBay, with big markups apparent.
12. This is a bit silly, because A.P.C.’s sites currently promise more deliveries. But hey, here’s someone hoping to double their money on the skeleton tee.
13. Double their money on some stonewashed jeans, give or take a little.
14. And one eBayer hoping to near enough triple their money on the hooded, short-sleeved sweatshirt. Bold move.
15. With six days of bidding left and this hoodie already at $114, they might just stand a chance.
16. Though the person selling these “pre-owned” jeans looks a little less likely to luck out.
(Everyone knows eBay auctions are all about the last 5 minutes though, when those fuckers with super-speedy connections swoop in. Anything is possible!)
17. Just leaving this song here for everyone to ponder…
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭