1. Colombian swimwear label Maaji presented their latest collection at Miami Swim Week recently.
5. And, oh but of course, pirate eyepatches.
8. This lady landed a jacket whole — no parts ripped off. (She must be some sort of pirate queen!) No pants to match though, but no one cares when you’re on the open seas, me hearty.
9. Whereas this model cobbled together her look from some old lace curtains and a tablecloth stolen from some poor residents of a small, recently-pillaged Mediterranean island.
Somewhere on that island, an old lady is weeping noisily over her lost linens. I hope you’re happy, pirate model.
13. And — ahoy — some boho beachy pieces too.
14. Then also, some lingerie. Why not? Anything goes at Miami Swim Week.
15. All the finale is missing was a parrot. (And some rum.)
And let’s not forget the DSquared2 menswear show managed to rustle up a live one, so it’s always possible.
16. Also, someone let Real Housewife of Miami Marysol Patton backstage.
No idea why, but let’s imagine she’s shouting “ahoy!” or “I have a mild case of scurvy!”
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.