1. Glamorous grandmas, all hoping for world peace and a seat that’s comfortable enough to nap in.
2. They know they look good.
3. Some last-minute preening backstage.
4. That’s some Barbara Bush realness.
5. The contestants parade in chic evening gowns.
Even though it’s Brazil, there isn’t a swimsuit round.
6. Family members provide support.
7. And the stakes are high.
8. But there are lots of different sashes for the contestants to win — all promoting empowerment among the elderly.
9. This might be the line for the bathroom. Who knows.
11. #18 is a serious contender.
12. But 65 year-old Irenilda de Oliveira Meneses took home the “Most Beautiful” crown.
14. And some bonus photos from last year’s pageant:
16. Scoping out the competition.
17. Hogging the mirrors. Sneaky.
18. There may or may not be any friction between rivals backstage.
19. But everyone puts on a winning smile anyway when they hit the stage.
20. Everybody dance now!
21. It’s not just for the ladies either. Here’s the winner of “Mr. Timidity” back at a contest for Sao Paulo’s elderly men held in 2011:
22. And these are some fabulous senior showgirls who also performed at that pageant.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- Mark Salling, who played Puck in "Glee," has been indicted on child pornography charges. He faces up to 20 years in prison.
- No, France has not banned people from sending work emails after hours – no matter how much we all want to believe it 🇫🇷 ✉️