Elizabeth Broderick has given a powerful and inspirational speech at the National Press Club, in her last public appearance in her role as Australia's Sex Discrimination Commissioner.
1. On denying reality:
2. On changing the world:
3. On the battle for equality:
4. On intersectional discrimination:
5. On telling stories to create change:
6. On listening to women:
7. On violence against women:
8. On challenging the status quo:
9. On having a family or a career:
10. On embracing targets:
11. On taking on board the experiences of others:
12. On working for a better future:
You can read Elizabeth Broderick's National Press Club address in full here.
Alexandra Lee is a politics reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Alex Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anna Mendoza is a photo editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Anna Mendoza at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.