1. Sunday night at the Golden Globes, Viola Davis took home the award for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for her work in the film adaptation of August Wilson’s Fences.
3. “I believe that it is our responsibility to uphold what it is to be an American, and what America is about, and the true meaning of what it means to pursue the American dream,” Davis said. “I think that America in and of itself has been an affirmation, but I think that we’ve fallen short a lot.”
4. “Because there was no way that we can have anyone in office [who] is not an extension of our own belief system. So then, what does that say about us? And I think that — if you answer that question, then I think that says it all.”
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺