25 minutesCook time:
30 minutesTotal time:
Ingredients:Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon honey
⅛ teaspoon MSG
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup canola oil
4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
½ teaspoon MSG
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup canola oil
½ loaf of ciabatta
4 ripe heirloom tomatoes
1 large handful basil leaves
½ cup mozzarella pearls, drained
¼ teaspoon MSG
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
2. Honey balsamic vinaigrette: In a medium bowl combine balsamic, shallot, honey, and MSG. While whisking slowly, drizzle in olive oil and then canola oil.
3. Crispy chicken: In a large cast-iron skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Sprinkle MSG, salt, and cornstarch on both sides of the chicken. Cook the chicken, skin side down, until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes, until other side is golden brown. Place skillet in the oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
4. Caprese Salad: Cut the ciabatta into 1-inch pieces. Spread on a sheet tray and toast in the oven for 10–15 minutes or until golden and crispy on the outside.
5. Slice the tomatoes into bite-size pieces and thinly slice half of the basil leaves.
6. Toss the ciabatta, heirloom tomatoes, sliced basil, mozzarella pearls, MSG, kosher salt, black pepper, and the honey balsamic vinaigrette together in a large mixing bowl until all ingredients are well coated.
7. Evenly divide salad on 4 plates. Garnish with whole basil leaves. Add a crispy chicken thigh to each serving.
Give MSG a try, and tell us how you use it!