1. The trailer for the new stop-motion animated film The Boxtrolls — featuring the voices of Elle Fanning, Simon Pegg, and Ben Kingsley — just debuted. It starts like this.
2. Then they add a daddy.
Goodness, that baby’s hair gets mussed a lot.
3. But then things take an unexpected and wonderful turn.
Two dads! In a trailer for a family movie!
4. There’s no mistaking the meaning here. Or how happy the baby is no matter who its parents are.
This is both incredibly timely and incredibly impressive. No other mainstream family film has ever been this forthrightly gay friendly in its trailer.
5. The baby is even happy with a loving family of boxtrolls!
Which seems to be the point of the movie given its title and everything, so OK!
7. Watch the full trailer here:
Toni Collette, Nick Frost, and Jared Harris are also supplying their voices for the movie, which doesn’t arrive until Sept. 26, 2014. So far away!
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.