1. The trailer for the new stop-motion animated film The Boxtrolls — featuring the voices of Elle Fanning, Simon Pegg, and Ben Kingsley — just debuted. It starts like this.
2. Then they add a daddy.
Goodness, that baby’s hair gets mussed a lot.
3. But then things take an unexpected and wonderful turn.
Two dads! In a trailer for a family movie!
4. There’s no mistaking the meaning here. Or how happy the baby is no matter who its parents are.
This is both incredibly timely and incredibly impressive. No other mainstream family film has ever been this forthrightly gay friendly in its trailer.
5. The baby is even happy with a loving family of boxtrolls!
Which seems to be the point of the movie given its title and everything, so OK!
7. Watch the full trailer here:
Toni Collette, Nick Frost, and Jared Harris are also supplying their voices for the movie, which doesn’t arrive until Sept. 26, 2014. So far away!
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻