Kuaytiaw Khua Kai As Made By Andy Ricker
Here's a video that shows you how it's made:
6 ounces fresh wide rice noodles
3 ounces chicken breast, sliced
4 pieces cuttlefish, sliced ½ by 2 inch
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup green leaf lettuce, chopped 2 inch, bite sized
1 ounce rendered pork fat
For the egg mixture:
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
Dash of ground white pepper
1 Tablespoon green onions, chopped
Phrik phon (chili powder)
1. Heat 1 ounce pork fat in wok.
2. Beat oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, white pepper, and egg in a mixing bowl.
3. Add noodles to pan. Throw on chicken and cuttlefish. Leave to fry undisturbed to form a cake.
4. Pour egg mixture onto noodles, and allow to cook until noodles are golden brown and crispy on the bottom.
5. Turn whole cake over, cook until chicken is cooked.
6. Using a spatula, break up the cake and stir fry.
7. Put lettuce in bowl, turn noodles onto lettuce.
8. Sprinkle with white pepper and green onions.
9. Serve with fish sauce, phrik phon, and sugar to preference.