1. Domestic violence has a use of patterns that involve controlling behaviors that one partner uses to get power over the other. For example, physical violence, threat of physical violence, emotional or mental abuse and sexual abuse.
2. 85% of people that are victims and experience domestic violence are women.
3. 1/4 of women will experience domestic violence in their life. Women that are or between ages of 20 to 24 are at the greatest risk of becoming a victim of domestic violence.
4. Domestic violence mostly happens between 6am-6pm but can still happen outside of those hours
5. The costs of domestic violence amount to more than $37 billion a year in law enforcement involvement just so that people that experience domestic violence can be safe.
6. 324,000 women while they are pregnant each year experience intimate partner abuse and violence
7. Boys/men who witness domestic violence unroll are more likely to do it to their own partner when they become an adult
8. Domestic violence is the most reason why women are suffering injuries. More than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.
9. 1/2 of all women and children that are homeless in the U.S. are leaving because of domestic violence.
10. a woman is being assaulted or even beaten by someone every 9 seconds in the US.
11. In 60% to 80% of intimate partner homicides, regardless of which partner died. The man has always abused or assaulted the women before the murder
12. 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been in abusive relationships, and 1 in 5 women and 1 in 7 men have faced severe physical violence.
13. 20 people are abused by an intimate partner every minute, adding up to 10 million each year.
14. More than 200,000 phone calls are placed to domestic violence hotlines every year.
15. Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crimes.
16. The presence of guns in a home where domestic violence is a problem increases the risk of a murder by 500%.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!