1. Send out owl balloon party invitations.
Use owl balloons to deliver your party invitations door-to-door. Create your own Hedwig balloon using these instructions to get people excited to attend your Harry Potter smash.
2. Re-create the entrance to platform 9 ¾ for Hogwarts Express.
Make your own secret route to Hogwarts Express using these instructions.
3. Set up floating candles in your own version of the Great Hall.
Create the *spooky* setting in your house using these instructions here.
4. Make a photo booth for guests to pose as escaped wizards from Azkaban.
Everyone can feel like Sirius Black for a day using foam and a little ingenuity.
5. Create Gryffindor ties for everyone to wear.
You can download and print the ties here and then ta-da — you are a Gryffindor as far as anyone knows!
6. Arrange a Quidditch pitch on your lawn.
Guests can understand what it feels like to pursue the snitch for a day. Make your own using this example.
7. Place potion jars like those found in Snape’s cabinets as a centerpiece.
Learn how to make them look exactly like the real thing here.
8. Make or buy your own Sorting Hat to place everyone in houses.
You can buy it or make one using paper mâché and newspaper using these instructions.
9. Use your old Flourish and Blotts textbooks as a cake stand.
Make your own DIY textbooks exactly like the books in the films here.
10. Hang school banners from every house to spruce up the party.
Announce your loyalties to the different houses by hanging these banners. Create your own banners using the instructions here.
11. Post directions to every fictional spot in the novels.
Assemble your own directions using this DIY guide.
12. Throw on a cape and round glasses to become Harry Potter, the Chosen One.
Become the one and only Harry with these instructions.
13. Dress up like the red-haired and wand-wielding wizard Ron Weasley.
Embrace the sidekick in you using these instructions here.
14. Embrace your inner smartypants and throw on this costume to become Hermione Granger.
Find out how to become the noble and knowledgeable Hermione here.
15. You will be the most “talked-about” guest at your party if you dress up like Moaning Myrtle.
You, too, can haunt the bathroom like Myrtle does in the book using this guide here.
16. Put on some glasses and hold a crystal ball to be the Professor Trelawney of your party.
Create your own papier-mâché hair and your own crystal ball just like the professor using these instructions.
17. Win the costume contest with this special Mad Eye Moody costume.
Create your own DIY verision using this guide here.
18. Impress your friends with some butterbeer, just like the kind served at The Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade.
Create your own version of this Diagon Alley drink using this recipe here.
19. Spruce up your pong game with the ultimate round of Quidditch pong.
Make your own Quidditch hoops using duct tape from this guide here.
20. Class up the party with a “Golden Snitch” cocktail.
Use this recipe to create your own version of this cocktail.
21. Blow everyone away with this Goblet of FIRE cocktail.
Learn how to make this special elixir here.
22. Upgrade party drinks easily by adding food coloring.
See how to make your own version here.
23. Detail each cocktail with cute little broomsticks.
Add a little spice to your butterbeer by making cute broomsticks for each drink. Check out how to make them using raffia here.
24. Instead of cupcakes, serve everyone Cauldron cakes with gold frosting.
Make your own version of these cauldron cakes using this recipe here.
25. Make everyone feel like they are living out their book dreams by serving Acid pops.
Make your own just like the ones Harry had in Honeydukes Sweetshop in Hogsmeade! This recipe uses pop rocks and tootsie pops.
26. Create Golden Snitch cake pops with wings.
Make your own with this recipe here.
27. Serve licorice wands just like the ones on the food trolley on the Hogwarts Express.
Full recipe here.
28. Even if the real characters aren’t at the party, you can at least make sugar cookies of your favorite ones.
Make your own customized version using this guide here.
29. Chocolate frogs are the most iconic snack from the book, and you can easily make them for your party.
Create your own just like the ones Harry gets on the Hogwarts Express using chocolate mold via this guide.