2. Katy Perry and Riff Raff paid homage to the most iconic VMAs outfit ever and showed up in matching denim.
Love you forever, Britney and Justin!
3. Nicki Minaj performed “Anaconda” and changed the way the world views average people’s butts forever.
5. Later on Nicki had a wardrobe malfunction during “Bang Bang” but still slayed.
6. Taylor Swift wore a onesie…
7. Gwen Stefani looked fantastic *and* did this adorable finger clap.
8. Lorde’s sister was the MOST excited about Lorde’s win.
Second only to Taylor Swift.
9. Miley Cyrus brought a homeless friend as her date to the VMAs…
10. …and then let him accept her award for Video of the Year while she looked on, crying.
11. While Katy Perry and Sam Smith were confused about the whole thing.
12. Amber Rose showed up like this:
Rose McGowan much?