1. Today we lost a legend.
4. And a sense of adventure.
5. She was a friend to animals.
6. She gave us Babes In Toyland,
8. How To Stuff A Wild Bikini,
9. The Misadventures of Merlin Jones,
11. And Super Fink (whatever that was).
12. But oh! She was also the queen of parties.
13. Like Beach Party,
14. Muscle Beach Party,
16. and Beach Blanket Bingo.
17. There was also a time they went back to the beach in the ’80s… with Pee-Wee Herman.
18. (Weren’t she and Frankie Avalon just the cutest?)
19. Sure, she was the Bicycle Queen of 1959.
20. But she was also enough of a babe to get her own surfboard with her name on it.
21. And let’s not forget that she was one of the very first members of the Mickey Mouse Club!
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›