5. She was a friend to animals.
NBC / NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
6. She gave us Babes In Toyland,
9. The Misadventures of Merlin Jones,
11. And Super Fink (whatever that was).
12. But oh! She was also the queen of parties.
17. There was also a time they went back to the beach in the ’80s… with Pee-Wee Herman.
18. (Weren’t she and Frankie Avalon just the cutest?)
19. Sure, she was the Bicycle Queen of 1959.
Silver Screen Collection / Getty Images
20. But she was also enough of a babe to get her own surfboard with her name on it.
21. And let’s not forget that she was one of the very first members of the Mickey Mouse Club!
In The News Today
- A Kentucky clerk continues to defy the Supreme Court by denying marriage licenses to same-sex couples. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›