1. Songwriting sisters Eliza and Rachael Hurwitz have corrected a very important series of lyrical errors.
You know how Alanis Morrisette’s “Ironic” isn’t actually about ironic things at all, but instead details some vaguely disappointing scenarios and calls them ironic, even though they aren’t? Well, these two have written addendums to her problems that help them to better live up to the song’s title, including:
- “A ‘No Smoking’ sign you hung up when you quit / Now you started again but can’t smoke because of the sign”
-“It’s a black fly in your Chardonnay / That was specifically purchased to repel black flies”
-Mr. Play-it-safe was afraid to drive / Instead he packed his suitcase and got ready to fly / He wasted his whole damn life being afraid of cars / But as the plane crashed down, he thought, well isn’t this nice?
As the parody’s title says, “It’s Finally Ironic.” AT LONG LAST.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›