According to the Village Voice, they’re Guy Fieri’s favorite band:
“Fieri was driving down the highway, listening to…Sophistafunk, a trio from Syracuse that plays a blend of classic funk and hip-hop. One of the band’s songs is about sending someone off into the afterlife on a dragonfly. Coincidentally, Dragonfly was the nickname Fieri had for his sister, who’d recently passed away from cancer. It was an emotional moment.”
Apparently, he called the lead singer immediately and invited the group to play his birthday party.
3. Do you think they played this jam called “Lyrical Guide?”
4. Or perhaps they unleashed this sophista-funky little number called “Gimme Some Space.”
Sophistafunk 4 lyfe. h/t Village Voice.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.