1. Here is Vanessa Hudgens at this year’s Coachella. She chose some, er, interesting accessories.
If you take “interesting” to mean culturally insensitive. While the “fashion bindi” is, of course, nothing new, one would think that in 2013, celebrities might be a little more aware of the potentially offensive impact of their oh-so-exotic fashion choices — just this week, Hudgens’ Spring Breakers co-star Selena Gomez was criticized for wearing her own bindi to the MTV Movie Awards. Bindis are traditionally worn by people of South Asian descent, often for religious purposes. Pretty sure those reasons don’t apply to these two.
2. And here’s a bonus shot of Hudgens’s bindi.
Maybe skip these kinds of accessories when crafting the perfect “boho” look for next year’s festival, dude.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.