1. Cut up an old credit card to make a pocket earbud holder.
Banish tangled wires from your life forevermore by taking a hole punch and scissors to an old plastic card. Here’s how.
2. Or, you know what? All you need are two fingers for perfect headphone wrapping.
This is seriously some pro shit.
3. Use MusicSmasher to find exactly what you’re looking (or listening) for.
MusicSmasher tells you which online streaming services have the song you’re itching to hear, which takes out the guesswork of having to look for them on each individual platform.
4. Layer any song with rain sounds to make it that much more peaceful.
And Rainy Mood has got your back even on the sunniest of days. Just leave it open in your browser to add a little atmosphere to your music.
5. Turn up the volume on your phone with a simple drinking glass.
It creates an echo that will make your phone speakers substantially louder than they would be on their own. Smart!
6. Or use a toilet paper roll, which will also amplify sound effortlessly.
Two tacks make it stand up straight!
7. And if you want a more high-def sound, DIY this speaker for about one measly dollar.
The first tool you’ll need is a penny. Check out the rest above.
8. Make any headphones noise-canceling with just one easy add-on.
Adding earmuffs to your headphones silences the world just as well as a mega-fancy pre-made noise-canceling pair. Learn how here.
9. Build a bike stereo for more musical rides.
Gone are the days of balancing a jambox in your basket and hoping for the best. Instructions here.
10. Keep your headphones squeaky clean.
While you obviously don’t want to submerge them in water, using a little soap-and-water solution on a cloth to wipe them down every so often will noticeably improve their sound quality.
11. Listen to music in the pool with a homemade waterproof speaker.
While it’s not the cutest thing on the planet, it’s definitely DIY-able. Find out how to create this mutant hybrid of an economy-size condiment container and a speaker here.
12. Craft a stereo mixer out of a basic-ass Altoids tin.
Well, and some jacks, wire, and resistors, but come on, this is pretty cool. Find out how to make this thing your own here.
13. Make your very own cheapo WiFi radio.
The perfect DIY for those who are especially attached to their Spotify and Rdio playlists.