1. If you’ve ever worn a uniform, you know that Army Navy is about more than just football.
There is a reason that this game is viewed each year by our soldiers based all over the world.
2. Every year, the big game is played to honor our servicemen and women.
They are true American heroes.
3. And of course, it determines which branch gets bragging rights for the rest of the year.
if you’ve ever been in the service, you know that bragging rights means things like extended leave, privileges, and other perks. It’s a big deal.
4. Fans from both sides spend the weeks leading up to the game creating spirit videos and playing pranks on one another.
The best fan-made spirit videos actually get played on the Jumbotron at the game!
5. In fact, the only people more pumped about this game are the players themselves.
The focus of every training session and every game is achieving victory at Army Vs. Navy. The other games pretty much just don’t matter.
6. Teddy Roosevelt reinstated this tradition in the late 19th century because he was a patriot.
“I should like very much to revive the football game between Annapolis and West Point.” - Theodore Roosevelt
7. Since then, Army has had 49 wins, and Navy has had 57 wins.
Even though Navy leads the series, both sides fight with an unbelievable amount of heart every time they meet.
8. The football players come from two historic institutions:
The United States Military Academy at West Point
9. For these seniors, Army–Navy is the last football game they will ever play.
Within six months, they’ll all be commissioned officers for their respective branches.
10. So for this final game, everyone gives it everything they have.
They will leave everything on the field
11. And in the end, no matter who wins, all of our soldiers know that they fight for the same side.
During the game, Army and Navy are bitter rivals. After the game, they become brothers in arms.