1. The Force is actually with Canada:
In 2001, as many as 20,000 people in Canada maintained their religion was Jediism. In 2011, that number fell to around 9,000 — but at least some people have a legit reason to dress like this. Those American guys don’t!
2. Polar bears prefer Canada:
Of the estimated 20,000 to 25,000 polar bears that are left on this earth, about 16,000 of them live up north. And no amount of cute GIFs that come out of America is going to change that.
3. We have over 125,000 miles of coastline that are perfect for figuring out your purpose:
Got a problem? Come to Canada where you’ll solve it right quick, because we have over 100,000 miles of pretty water to look at (and staring at h20 is how grown adults make any kind of decision). America only has 12,380 miles of the stuff.
4. We call our $1 and $2 coins “Loonies” and “Toonies”:
HOW CUTE ARE WE?!
5. And we call “hoodies” “bunnyhugs”:
We’re actually the cutest.
6. We eat more mac ‘n’ cheese than Americans:
This article reports that of the seven million boxes of mac ‘n’ cheese that are sold in the world every week, 1.7 million of them are consumed in Canada. So what, who cares?
7. There were also better dinosaurs in Canada:
Wired named the 10 best dinosaur discoveries in recent history, and four of them were made in Canada. So those Americans can’t even have fossils correctly!
8. Canadians have a better work–life balance:
According to the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD), Canada ranks higher on the Better Life Index than many other countries. For example, we work less hours a year than the global average, and we have a more palpable sense of community than the global average.
9. We don’t use our bathtubs for bathing:
Nah dog, we race with them.
10. There’s a little less gravity in Canada:
11. Canada is more royal:
The Queen of England is also the Canadian Monarch. Insert whatever America’s favorite “deal with it” GIF is.
12. And it has all the best celebrities:
America couldn’t produce someone like this even if they tried.