1. Jenna Wolfe made the announcement this morning on Today.
2. Talking about her sexuality for the first time publicly Wolfe said:
“I have some big news, It’s big for me. I’m actually pregnant, quite pregnant, actually… My girlfriend Stephanie Gosk and I, who works here at NBC, are expecting a baby girl at the end of August.
3. Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk
Jenna will be blogging about her pregnancy for Today.
- The U.S. is investigating airlines for "unlawful coordination." This may be related to high ticket prices, the Associated Press reports.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.