1. Thieves steal all your stuff
On the bright side: Now you have an airtight excuse to buy new stuff.
2. A cool Nigerian prince hacks your email / steals your identity
On the bright side: People will be flattered that you think they are “an honest person who capable and fit to help with and transfer of nine million dollars United States currency (9,500,000.0)”
3. It rains. And rains. And rains.
On the bright side: Museums are a thing.
4. You miss your dog back home
On the bright side: Dogs love Skype. Wow. Such video chat.
5. You end up surrounded by freaks
On the bright side: Honestly? If you’re traveling and you don’t see any freaks? It means you’re the freak. #RealTalk
6. You drank the water and now you’re too sick to even move
On the bright side: You don’t have to let your friends drag you around. Stay inside instead and watch weird, awesome foreign TV.
7. You overdid it on the sangria and hooked up with someone you shouldn’t have
On the bright side: As long as you kept it off social media, nobody needs to know.
8. You are detained by customs / security / Interpol
On the bright side: You’re now officially a sexy international criminal suspect with a great story to tell your friends back home.*
*If you ever get back home.
9. You miss your cat back home
On the bright side: Your cat could not possibly care less that you’re away.