1. Josh Butler Auctioned Himself On eBay
Josh Butler needs someone to give him a chance, so he eBayed himself. And even if the description he gives of himself isn’t enough to convince someone to hire him, check out the seller’s positive feedback rating of 100%.
2. Andrew Horner Made Employers Apply To Him
Andrew Horner created a website called the “Reverse Job Application,” where Andrew told companies to pitch their businesses to him, and and tell him why he should work there.
He has since found a job, but has left the site up to encourage others to join him in being self-righteous.
3. Ed Hamilton Transformed His Resume With Google Maps
Ed Hamilton deserves a lot of praise for coming up with the idea of putting his resume (and basically, his life) into Google Maps. It’s an engaging visual, and we’re sure each employer made a point of asking Ed what the hell he was doing in Thailand.
4. Liz Hickok Spelled Out Her Resume In Christmas Lights
Liz Hickok, a Georgia woman known in her neighborhood for her elaborate Christmas decorations, tweaked her annual tradition turn it into a way to encourage companies to hire her.
So whenever someone took the time to admire the lights in her yard, they could go around to the side of her house and see her resume (also lit up in lights). Liz was also probably smart enough not to list any of her neighbors as references.
5. Many Purchased Doktor Snake’s Mojo Hand Employment Spell
Doktor Snake is “the UK’s leading voodoo man.” He has a bunch of spells he can perform that can enhance your life, but he’s most known for his “Voodoo Mojo Hand Employment Spell.” Snake’s site describes the Mojo Hand as “a personalized hand-drawn sigil for you to copy onto your resume or CV
It looks like a random doodle, but in reality it is a mesmerizing symbol that burns into the mind of anyone reading your resume/CV, making it stand out!” It costs $250, which is most certainly a cheap price to pay for livelihood.
6. Jake Goldenberg Brought Kids Meals
Jake Goldenberg took six kids meals to the ad agency he wanted to work at, and handed them out to the place’s head honchos. Not surprisingly he didn’t get a job, and it was obviously because the food wasn’t from Sonic.
7. Alec Brownstein Took Out A Google Ad For The Person Who Interviewed Him
Alec Brownstein wanted a copywriting job so badly that he paid $6 worth of Google ads (that promoted himself) and would pop up whenever the five chief creative officers at Y&R Googled themselves. It was pretty outstanding!
8. Pasha Stocking Spent $7,000 On A Billboard
After ten months of not having a job, Pasha spent $7,000 and rented a 14x48 foot billboard and advertised herself along Connecticut’s I-95. Unfortunately, she didn’t get a job — but because she did so many TV interviews, she ended up starting her own public relations firm that specializes in getting people billboards.
9. Jake Becker Threw A Pizza Party
After Jake Becker interviewed at an online gambling site in Oregon, he threw a surprise pizza party for the company to thank them for the consideration. Unfortunately he did not get the job, but he did get a nice “thank you” card. Again people, Sonic is the way to go!
10. Alec Biedrzycki Wrote A Song
And finally, Alec Biedrzycki wrote a song called “Hire Me” that explained his qualifications for anyone that was considering hiring him. We’re not sure if he was actually hired, but that shot of him on the couch with his dirty bare feet sticking up in the air may have discouraged a few people from seeking Alec out.
Of course, we’ll do whatever it takes to get back in Sonic’s good graces, even if it’s against the law.
We’re above the law.
- hwh97 thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is OMG & LOL
- domito thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is Cute & Win
- presurfer.blogspot.com readers just made Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs hotter
- Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is starting to get hot on StumbleUpon Stumble It
- davidzspiegel Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs and thinks it’s LOL
- Those 2 Guys Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs
- ehowa.com readers just made Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs hotter
- bullhornreach.com readers just made Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs hotter
- jfloinher thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is LOL
- Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- Food is Awesome! thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is LOL
- Isiaht thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is LOL
- _Frank_ Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs
- rileyo thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is Win
- Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- Alibug thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is LOL
- Anniuska14 thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is LOL & Win
- estherh thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is Cute
- Lisa thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is Win
- sagisic Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs
- Katherine Griffiths thinks Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs is LOL & OMG
- hjoneslawrence Crazy Stuff People Do To Get Jobs and thinks it’s OMG & LOL