1. The transition from black and white to color will look awesome on the big screen.
The movie stays true to the book and starts with a stark black and white world that slowly changes to color.
2. The edge of the world looks gorgeous in the trailer.
There. We want to go to there.
3. The book’s author, Lois Lowry, is totally on board with the film adaptation.
“They let me read the screenplay and asked me to comment on it, and then the director emailed me periodically throughout the early part of the filmmaking asking my advice about set design, costume design, etc. So I was really in the loop from the beginning; they had no obligation to, I had no veto power, but they could not have been more gracious than they were and they brought me over to South Africa to watch the filming. They really have just been wonderful to work and be with.” -Lois Lowry
4. She’s also totally on board with Brenton Thwaites as Jonas.
In fact, according to BuzzFeed’s Adam B. Vary, “she expressed disappointment that the scene of the story’s main character washing a nude elderly woman was cut from the movie, because she wanted to play the woman. She said of star Brenton Thwaites, ‘He can touch me all he wants.’”
5. Meryl Streep as the Chief Elder is a woman to be reckoned with.
6. Jeff Bridges has been working to make this movie happen for 18 YEARS.
According to Lois Lowry, Jeff Bridges bought the rights to her book 18 years ago. His dad, Lloyd Bridges, was initially going to play the title role. Now Jeff is the right age to play the role himself!
7. Taylor Swift is playing Rosemary!
And she’s totally rocking the brunette style in the film.
9. The Giver features Alexander Skarsgård looking all steamy and scientific.
10. Seeing the movie will bring you back to the time when you fell in… when you fell in… what’s the word?
Thanks. When you fell in love with the The Giver.