1. They originated in China
Pugs were bred to be the pets of the Chinese sovereigns before 400 BCE. They hung out with Chinese kings and queens!
2. They have the softest ears on the planet
Pug ears are made of satin, velvet, silk and baby hair. If you wipe your tears with them they’ll turn to gold.
3. Celebrities Love Them
A list of celebrity parents include Valentino (above), Jessica Alba, Tori Spelling, Hugh Laurie, Gerard Butler, Jenna Elfman, and Rob Zombie.
4. They come in 4 fun colors
Black, Silver, Apricot and Fawn.
5. They save lives
The pug became the official dog of the House of Orange after a pug named Pompey saved the Prince of Orange’s life. He woke him up and let him know assassins were nearby and the Prince got away.
6. Pugs were bred for the sole purpose of being lap dogs
Job well done Pugs!
7. Pugs like to get massages, especially from cats.
You hear those grunts? He’s loving this massage.
8. They make the best faces
9. Pugs win at Halloween every year
Even if they don’t have a costume, it’s easy to go as an alien or yoda.