1. Danny LeClair, 45 and Aubrey Loots, 42, from Los Angeles, celebrated their wedding atop a giant wedding cake float at the Tournament of Roses Parade on Wednesday.
Caption: Legally Married!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You everyone for your Love and Support and Thank you #AHF and #roseparade and #California for making this happen. #dna143 #dnarpwedding #aubreyloots #dannyleclair @wellahair #wellalife @studiodna @oprah @theellenshow @lecloots #grateful thank You @leslielfields for this awesome Pic Love you xo
Caption: And so begins our journey as husbands! #loveexperiment #dna143 #dnarpwedding #ahf
3. This was the first Rose Parade in Pasadena, Calif., to take place since the Supreme Court’s ruling in June 2013 which cleared the way for same-sex marriages in the state.
4. The couple’s ceremony took place atop a giant wedding cake float during the Rose Parade. The theme of the float, which was sponsored by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation, was “Love is the best protection.”
6. The wedding was officiated by Rev. Alfreda Lanoix from L.A. Before the event, she posted this Facebook status: “We’re here in Pasadena waiting for our turn so surreal. History making is a in the moment experience.”
Caption: It’s here!! On the float waiting to declare our Love in front of the world with Rev Alfreda Lanoix #Honored #grateful #humble #blessed #dna143 #dnarpwedding #aubreyloots #dannyleclair @lecloots @theellenshow @oprah #studiodnasalons @studiodna @alfredalanoix #wellalife @wellahair #rosebowlparade
8. While some on the Internet said they were going to boycott the Rose Parade because of the same-sex wedding, others shared pictures of the float and congratulated the couple.
Caption: The newlywed couple at #roseparade. This was the first time a #gaymarriage happened at the event.
12. Some tweeted and Instagrammed pictures from the wedding using the hashtag #loveexperiment as requested by the couple who wanted people to publicly declare their love during the Rose Parade.
Caption: @lootypics @lecloots #roseparade #loveexperiment #love thank u so much and congrats!!!! It was amazing to be there !!
Caption: Perfect for the new year #2014 #roseparade #loveexperiment