1. This pit bull and this Chihuahua were found wandering around a neighborhood in Savannah, Ga., by the local cops.
2. The pit bull, in fact, was walking around carrying her Chihuahua friend in her mouth, occasionally stopping to lick the Chihuahua’s badly infected eye.
3. The cops proceeded to take these adorable canines to the Savannah Chatham Metropolitan Animal Control Shelter (SCMAC), where the Chihuahua underwent eye surgery.
4. While the vets weren’t able to save the Chihuahua’s eye, they were able to patch him up pretty good.
5. He was then reunited with his other half.
6. According to the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department Facebook page, they were extremely excited to see each other, “licking, whining, caressing and finally cuddling.”
7. Here they are celebrating their reunion.
8. The pair have been named “Joanie and Chachi” due to their inseparable relationship and are currently looking for a home, preferably together (as per the last Facebook update).
9. UPDATE: Joanie and Chachi have found a home together! YAY!
They will be headed to Florida in August as per the SCMPD Facebook page.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›