mjbs / Via Thinkstock
3. Both Friends and How I Met Your Mother have their regular hangouts where they often chill during normal working hours.
5. The similarities, of course, don’t end there!
Warner Bros. Television / 20th Century Fox Television / rionm / Via Thinkstock
8. After a full season of will they/won’t they, Career Woman gets together with Nerdy Guy in Season 2 and they date for a year.
9. They both constantly put their careers above their personal lives, and are charmingly awful at cooking.
10. Ultimately, in the last episode of both shows, they end up with Nerdy Guy, and we assume they live happily ever after.
Warner Bros. Television / 20th Centurty Fox Television / OliaFedorovsky / Via Thinkstock
15. Both have a romantic on-again, off-again, on-again relationship with Career Woman who they believe is The One.
Warner Bros. Television / 20th Century Fox Television / Jon Helgason / Via Thinkstock
18. They both hate their jobs, have an existential crisis, and end up being stay-at-home husbands for a short period of time.
Warner Bros. Television / 20th Century Fox Television / offstocker / Via Thinkstock
21. Monica and Lily are the nurturing, dependable “mom” figures of their friend groups. They also love being in control.
22. They share a love of cooking gourmet food. And they each have one guilty pleasure. For Monica, it’s cleaning. For Lily, it’s shopping.
Warner Bros. Television / 20th Century Fox Television / Smileseafox / Via Thinkstock
27. They both fall for Career Woman, but try to squash their feelings for a while because of Nerdy Guy and Career Woman’s romantic past.
Malsveta / Via Thinkstock
32. Christina Pickles is Ross and Monica’s mom on Friends — and Lily’s grandma on How I Met Your Mother.
Here Are The Top Stories