1. Laura Jenkinson is a London-based makeup artist and beauty blogger, who woke up one day and decided to paint cartoon characters on her lips.
2. “My inspiration comes from all over…[like] films, Disney, art, other artists, especially fellow makeup artists on Instagram…”
3. “…and my friends and family always give me lots of ideas to try out!” Jenkinson said in an email to BuzzFeed.
4. “It took a ton of practice,” said Jenkinson. “When you look at the first stuff I did you can definitely see an improvement.”
“My very first one was a Minion which my friend told me to do — I guess she can have the credit for that.”
5. She mainly uses Kryolan [Professional Makeup] products. She also uses “things from [her] kit, like lipsticks and eyeliners.”
6. Each piece takes Jenkinson anywhere between one and three hours to complete.
7. Jenkinson told BuzzFeed, “I go slowly and take my time building up layers. Plus using the right products and brushes really helps!”
8. The accuracy of the characters’ depiction is near-perfect.
9. Her most recent work, she said, is a tribute to Robin Williams.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.