3. Fans were confused too.
6. Until people started putting together two-and-two and six-and-six together…
7. …and realized Drake is lowkey trying to rebrand his home city.
8. Turns out, some young people have been calling Toronto “The 6” for awhile. Like this one rapper, Jimmy Johnson:
9. But now that Drake’s involved, Toronto’s on the brink of an identity crisis. All the kids are behind the new name:
12. Old heads who remember Toronto as “Tdot” are weary:
18. Meanwhile in Canada, “the average non-Drake fan likely has no idea this is even happening,” said Rawiya Kameir, a Toronto-based writer.
19. Ever propelled by a feeling that his influence might not be fully acknowledged, Drake is really trying to make “The 6” happen. Toronto, are you with him?
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are the winners of the Democratic and Republican New Hampshire primaries 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And Twitter is now offering an algorithmic version of its timeline that will prioritize some tweets over others.